Ubisoft has published patch notes for The Division that spell out some of the fixes and changes that players can expect when the closed beta begins later this week on Xbox One, PS4, and PC.
On the bug side, Ubisoft says this latest patch fixes more than 10,000 bugs, including many of the problems that alpha testers brought to Ubisoft’s attention. Some of these bugs include broken textures, character loading getting stuck at 95 percent, floating weapons, and missing sound for some weapons.
The new patch for The Division also adds support for additional languages, makes improvements to the UI to offer better readability, and introduces weapon balance and character progression changes, among other things.
You can see The Division’s closed beta patch notes below, as posted in the Ubisoft forums.
The Division’s closed beta starts January 28 on Xbox One. PS4 and PC players get it a day later. In all cases, the only way to guarantee entry is to preorder the game.
The full version of The Division launches March 8.
The Division Closed Beta Patch Notes:
- Added support for multiple in-game languages:
- All platforms: English, French, Italian, German, Spanish
- PC, PS4: Japanese
- Weapon and Item Mods can now be changed directly from the inventory screen
- [Xbox One and PS4] Changed weapon swap button mapping to:
- [Tap] Primary/Secondary weapon
- [Double Tap] Switch to Sidearm
- UI improvements for better readability and usability
- Additional balancing of weapons, enemy NPCs, and character progression
- Added another Dark Zone gate to the Beta Map area
- Changed Dark Zone brackets level range
- Depending on your level, you will now be matched with level 4-7 players and enemies, or level 8 players and enemies
- Landmarks have been added to the Dark Zone Map area
- With these landmarks you will find more challenging encounters rewarding you with better loot
- Loading of textures and models should no longer suffer delays on console
More than 10,000 bugs have been fixed, including many of the most reported bugs during the Alpha.
- Missing sound with specific weapons and mods combinations
- Repeating audio when opening the Mega Map
- Mission objectives not completing correctly
- Floating characters and weapons
- Character loading stuck at 95%
- Broken textures