Embassy of the Republic of Korea in the USA is located at 2450 Massachusetts Avenue N.W. Washington, D.C. 20008
• Address: 2450 Massachusetts Avenue N.W. Washington, D.C. 20008
• Area of Jurisdiction: The United States, Bahamas
• Phone: 202-939-5600 (After Hours Emergency Line: 202-641-8761)
• Fax: 202-797-0595
• Hours: 9:00 am – 12:00 pm, 1:30 pm – 5:30 pm (MON – FRI)
Korean Cultural Center in Washington D.C. (B)
• Address: 2370 Massachusetts Avenue N.W. Washington, D.C. 20008
• Phone: 202-939-5688
• Fax: 202-387- 0413
• Hours: 9:00 am – 12:00 pm, 1:30 pm – 5:30 pm (MON-FRI)
Consulate General of the Republic of Korea in Washington D.C. (C)
• Address: 2320 Massachusetts Avenue N.W. Washington, D.C. 20008
• Phone: 202-939-5653 (After Hours Emergency Line: 202-641-8746)
• Fax: 202-342-1597
• Hours: 9:00 am – 5:00pm (MON-FRI)
Email Address (E)
• Consulate General : email@example.com
• Economy Section: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Political Section: email@example.com
• Congressional Affairs Section : firstname.lastname@example.org
• Korean Cultural Center : email@example.com
• Korean Educational Center : firstname.lastname@example.org
• Office of the Defense Attache : email@example.com
Economic Information Hotline
• FTA Regulations: Janghyun Kim, Counselor, 202-939-5624
• FTA Utilization: You Jin Oh, 2nd Secretary, 202-587-6159
• Tax: Sung Chy, Tax Attach, 202-587-6130
• Tariffs/ Customs: Heon Park, Customs Attach, 202-939-5677
• Patents: Myeongsup Kim, IP Attach, 202-939-6475
• Agriculture: Jaehan Kwon, Agricutlure Minister-Counselor, 202-939-5673
• Food Safety: Seung Yong Lee, Attach for Food and Drug Safety, 202-939-5650
• SPS: Yoon Hee Lee, Veterinary Attach, 202-587-6146
• Competition/Fair Trade: Hyung Bae Kim, Attach for Competition Policy, 202-939-6488
• Labor: Ohyeon Cho, Employment & Labor Attach, 202-939-5664
• Commerce: Yongsik Song, Commerical Attach, 202-939-5670
• Real Estate: Sang Heon Lee, Transportation, Construction, and Maritime Attach202-939-5676
• Economy and Finance: Chang Hwan Park, 1st Secretary, 202-939-5649
• Healthcare: Minsoo Park, Health Minister-Counselor, 202-939-6487
• Maritime Affairs: Jaeyoung Byeon, Oceans and Fisheries Attach, 202-587-6133
• Science/Technology: Sun Hak Cho, Science Attach, 202-939-6479
• ITC: Seong Hwan Jeong, Information and Communications Counselor, 202-939-6478
General Visa Information
On November 17, 2008, the Republic of Korea joined the U.S. Visa Waiver Program (VWP). As a result, on reciprocity, U.S. citizens can visit the Republic of Korea without a visa for duration of up to 90 days or less if the purpose of the trip is for tourism, business meeting, attendance at a conference or visiting families or relatives. (Extension of stay is not permitted)
A U.S. citizen, who is not qualified with VWP or not eligible to enter to Korea without a visa, is kindly requested to apply for an appropriate entry visa.
A U.S. citizen, who wishes to work, or to engage in profit making activities, is kindly requested to apply for an appropriate entry visa.
For U.S. citizens(only who was Korean or either of your parents/gradparents was Korean), a five year valid multiple entry F-4 Visa is issued. This visa holder can stay up to 2years each time he/she visits the Republic of Korea until their visas expire.
If you are not a resident of one of the states (Virginia, Maryland, District of Columbia, West Virginia), please contact directly other Jurisdiction Korean Consular Office in your area.
* General Requirements for Visa Application
– A valid passport & A passport copy (6 Month Validity Rule)
– A set(5pages) completed visa application (PDF) / *Electronic Form for all applicants.
– 1 passport size photo (size 2”x 2”, color) for the application form
– Fee: $45(same for single/multiple visa) for U.S. citizens (Cash or Money Order Only; Pay to the Order: Korean Embassy)
No fees for A-1, A-2, and A-3 applicants
– Processing period: You may pick up after 4 business days from the date we get all the required documents(except delivery)
– No need an appointment(please just walk in) to apply, free parking available
6 Month Validity Rule : It means that your passport should be valid for more than six months before you would be allowed to enter Korea.
Citizens of other countries must pay a visa processing fee $40 (Single entry less than 90 days), $60(Single entry more than 90 days), $90 (Multiple entry). The fees may vary based upon your country.
Citizens of other countries must submit their U.S. permanent resident card or valid U.S. visa, flight tickets or flight itinerary, bank/financial statement and hotel reservation information.