202-4952201(Bilateral Political Issues)
202-4952183(China-U.S. Legal Cooperation)
202-4952185(China-U.S. Customs Cooperation)
202-4952163 (Global & Regional Issues)
202-4952161 (Economic Issues)
202-4952167 (Think-tank Liaison)
202-4952352 (Diplomatic Corps Liaison)
Tel: 202-4952205(Senate affairs)
202-4952206 (House of Representatives affairs)
202-4952203 (Sub-national governments and people to people diplomacy
Tel: 202-4952216 (Consular Assistance and Protection)
202-4952215 (Overseas Chinese Affairs)
202-3386688 (Visa, Passport, Notarization and Authentication)
Fax:202-6869814 (Consular Assistance and Protection, Overseas
202-5889760 (Visa, Passport, Notarization and Authentication)
Tel: 202-4952220 (Public Affairs)
202-4952221 (U.S. Media)
202-4952222 (Chinese Media and the Embassy’s Website)
Tel: 202-6253357 (Trade and investment consulting)
202-6253365 (Intellectual property rights)
202-6253359 (Quality supervision, inspection and quarantine)
Tel:202-2430681(China-US People-to-People Exchange Mechanism, Educational Cooperation with US governmental and non- governmental bodies, Chinese Language Promotion, Cooperative Projects and Mutual Visits)
202-2431165(Education Research and Public affairs)
202-2431164(Study in China, Public affairs, Accreditation and Chinese Language Promotion)
202-2431166(Overseas students and scholars affairs,US Universities and Colleges)
Tel: 202-9660697 ext. 604 ( Publicity, library, publication and sports)
202-9660697 ext. 605 ( Multilateral exchanges, cultural relics and
202-9660697 ext. 606 ( Governmental exchanges and
Tel: 202-4952240 (Energy cooperation and exchanges)
202-4952242 (Environment cooperation and exchanges)
Tel: 202-4952249 (Economic issues)
202-4952250 (Energy and climate change issues)
Chief of the Section: Ms. Lin Nan(minister-counselor )
- Please submit your application to Chinese Embassy/ Consulate General based on your State of residence (Locate aVisa Office that serves your state). You may submit your application in person, or use an agent (Power of Attorney not necessary). Please note that you may be required to come to the Visa Office in person to have an interview as deemed necessary by a consular officer.
- Appointment is NOT required for submission or collection of your visa. Walk-in service is available during office hours.
- Please note that NO mail-in/online/fax applications are accepted.
- You or your agent will be able to pick up your passport with visa on the date printed on your Pick-up slip, unless otherwise notified by the Visa Office.Mail-back visa service is NOT provided.
- You must pay the visa fee once your application is processed and approved.
Note: Procedures for visa to HKSAR or Macao SAR visa do not apply. (Check more info here)
Regular service: 4 business days
Express service: 2-3 business days
Rush service: 1 business day. Available only in extreme emergencies and subject to approval by the consular officer.
- The above processing time is average and for reference only. Some applications may require longer processing time that a pick-up date cannot be confirmed until notified by the Visa Office.
- Processing time for visa to HKSAR or Macao SAR visa does not apply. (Check more info here)
- Regular Service
|Number of Entry||U.S. Citizen||Non-U.S. Citizen*|
|Multiple Entries for 6 Months||$140||$60|
|Multiple Entries for 12 Months or more||$140||$90|
*Visa fee for certain non-U.S. citizens may vary from the list above based on reciprocal agreements. Please check with a Visa Office for special fees.
- Express service: an additional fee of $20 per visa
- Rush service: an additional fee of $30 per visa
Methods of Payment
- You must pay your visa fee upon collection of your visa. (Some HKSAR or Macao SAR visa applicants need to pay a Communication fee prior to submission.)
- Acceptable methods of payment are: credit card (Visa or Mastercard only), money order, cashier’s check or company check.
- Please make your check or money order payable to “Chinese Embassy” (for applications submitted to the Embassy), or to “Chinese Consulate in XXX”(for applications submitted to the Consulate General in XXX city)
- Please make sure you have the exact and correct amount written on your check/money order. No erroneous check will be accepted.
- Cash, personal check or online payment is NOT accepted. NO credit card other than a Visa or Mastercard is accepted.
By: Anna Lee