Embassy of Netherlands in the U.S


The Netherlands Embassy in Washington, D.C is located at 4200 Linnean Ave. NW, Washington, D.C. 20008

Phone: (+1) 202 244 53 00 (24 hours a day, 7 days a week)
Fax (+1) 202 362 34 30

Ambassador Henne Schuwer: Hendrik Jan Jurriaan Schuwer was born May 3, 1953, in The Hague, the Netherlands, in a family of 5. His parents met as journalists who worked for the Netherlands Press Agency. His father later became the director of public relations for Caltex (Benelux) and his mother a teacher. Henne Schuwer has been with the Netherlands Ministry of Foreign Affairs for 36 years. Thanks to two previous assignments in the United States, one in Los Angeles and one in Washington, D.C., he has extensive knowledge of American politics and trade issues.

Schengen visa
The Netherlands is part of the Schengen Area. Countries in the Schengen Area require visitors who are nationals of certain non-EU countries to obtain a visa that allows them to enter the Schengen Area. If you wish to travel to the Netherlands and you are a national of one of these countries, you must normally apply for a Schengen visa at a Dutch embassy or consulate.
A Schengen visa is an authorisation issued by a Schengen state allowing:
• transit through or a stay in the Schengen Area for a maximum of 90 days in any 180-day period (‘short-stay visa’),
• transit through the international transit areas of airports in the Schengen Area (‘airport transit visa’).

Visa types: 3 types of visa that can be issued to people wanting to visit the Netherlands:

Airport transit visa: An airport transit visa (type A) is valid for transiting through the international transit areas of airports situated in the Schengen Area, but not for entering the territory of a Schengen state.

You do not require a Schengen airport transit visa, if you:
• Hold a valid visa or residence permit issued by a Schengen state.
• Hold a visa valid for a member state of the European Union or the European Economic Area, Canada, Japan or the United States.
• Hold a valid residence permit issued by a member state of the European Union or the European Economic Area.
• Hold a residence permit issued by the Principality of Andorra, Canada, Japan, the Republic of San Marino, or the United States, that guarantees unrestricted right of return.
• Are a family member of a citizen of the European Union, the European Economic Area or Switzerland.
• Hold a diplomatic passport.
• Are on-duty aircrew and a national of a country that is a party to the Chicago Convention on International Civil Aviation.

Uniform visa (short-stay visa):
A uniform visa (type C) – also known as a short-stay visa – entitles its holder to free movement throughout the Schengen Area.
Family members of EU/EEA nationals who require a Schengen visa

You may be entitled to a faster visa procedure, free of charge, if you meet all of the following criteria:
• You are a family member of an European Union (EU) or European Economic Area (EEA) citizen; and
• that EU/EEA citizen is travelling to or is residing in an EU member state other than the member state of which they are a citizen; and
• you are accompanying that EU/EEA citizen or planning to join them in the Schengen state of destination.

Long-stay visa:
A long-stay visa (type D) is issued to nationals of certain non-EU countries who intend to stay longer than 90 days in the Netherlands. Nationals of non-EU countries are generally referred to as ‘third-country nationals’.

Where and how to apply for a Schengen visa
In general, if you need a Schengen visa you must submit your application to the embassy or consulate of the Schengen state you intend to visit.

Consular fees – USA
At the Embassy and Consulates General in the United states you can pay by cash, Visa, Master Card or Discover in US dollars.

In case you apply for a document by mail, you need to enclose a money order or a bank certified check / cashier check. Please do not enclose cash money.

Schengen visa application 60 EUR // 67 USD
Schengen visa children’s fee (6 to 12 years old) 35 EUR // 39USD
Visa facility fee for aforementioned countries 35 EUR //  39 USD
Caribbean visa from 6 years old (max 30 days) 35 EUR // 39 USD
Children until 5 years old FREE – –

Travel documents:
Passport 128.44 EUR // 142
Passport (minor) 115.20 EUR // 128 USD
Emergency document 46.61 EUR //  51 USD
Laissez Passer for human remains 60 EUR //  66 USD
Expedited postage expenses passport processing 50 EUR //  55 USD

Options and naturalization:
Option Procedure [A] 179 EUR // 199 USD
Shared Option Request [B] 305 EUR  339 USD
Children included in option [C] 21 EUR  23 USD
Single Naturalization, Standard [D] 840 EUR  933 USD
Joint Naturalization standard [E] 1,072 EUR  1,191 USD
Singular Naturalization, Reduced Fee [F] 625 EUR  694 USD
Joint Naturalization, Reduced Fee [G] 858 EUR  953 USD
Naturalization Joining Minor [H] 124 EUR  138 USD
Naturalization Exam 350 EUR  389 USD

Consular statements:
Declaration of Possession of Dutch Nationality 30 EUR  33 USD
Declaration of Marital Status 30 EUR  33 USD
Declaration of Income and Capital 30 EUR  33 USD
Declaration of Marital Intention 30 EUR  33 USD
Declaration of Proof of Life 30 EUR  33 USD
Declaration of Residency 30 EUR  33 USD
True copy/ Copy conform Original 26.25 EUR  29 USD

Legalization of Signature 26.25 EUR  29 USD
Legalizing Document 26.25 EUR  29 USD
Mediation in obtaining document 103 EUR  114 USD
Mediation in obtaining and legalizing document 131 EUR  146 USD

Source: http://www.the-netherlands.org