The Fast & Furious 7 movie with Abu Dhabi’s lavish imagery spreads around the world last week, making everyone desperate to come to Abu Dhabi.
Abu Dhabi is the most populous city in the United Arab Emirates. While emerging, Abu Dhabi is place making people curious about wealth and dominance.
1. Walk along Corniche Boulevard. Do not miss out on the famous Corniche Boulevard to enjoy the scenery of the Persian Gulf, watch the skyscrapers, enjoy a concert in the cafes around the bay and watch the sunset dropping into the city.
2. Visit the heritage village of Abu Dhabi. Come here, you can witness skills of native people with beautiful and precious embroidery. There is also an impressive tattoo service for your reference.
3. Visit Saadiyat Island. Saadiyat Island, dubbed the “island of happiness”, is place where local people often come for peaceful weekends. It is also considered the most popular cultural center in Abu Dhabi.
4. Admire the lavish Al Husn Palace and the 7-star Emirates Palace Hotel. If Al Husn Palace is the oldest building in Abu Dhabi, built in 1761, Emirates Palace is known as a super luxury hotel with room rates up to $ 15,000 per night and the renting price of super car here is 500USD/hour. Here there are transparent Swarovski crystal chandeliers, gilded domes … representing the wealth of Abu Dhabi.
If there is not too much money, you can still admire the lavish setting at the hotel lobby and have afternoon tea in the coffee shop.
5. Explore the beauty of Sheikh Zayed Mosque. Sheikh Zayed is one of the largest and most beautiful mosques in the planet. This 40,000-seat cathedral boasts some remarkable records, such as hand-carpets in prayer rooms, multi-chandeliers and the largest domes in the world.
Looking outside, Sheikh Zayed looks incredibly majestic and charming with a classic architectural style. It is estimated that there are more than 30 precious marble samples, mainly imported from China, Italy and England used in this church.
6. Conquer 18-degrees tilted Capital Gate Tower. Italy is famous for its leaning tower of Pisa. But it is not the world’s most distorted structure. The title actually belongs to Capital Gate, a skyscraper in Abu Dhabi, 160m high, with 35 floors. It is also one of the tallest buildings in the city with an incredible 18 degrees, four times the height of Pisa.
7. Surf the sand in the desert. If you are an adventurous, you definitely can not afford to miss out on exploring the hot sand dunes of the desert outside the city. Not only are you experiencing harsh sand dunes with thrillers, you can also barbecue in the desert when night falls.
8. Surf the world’s fastest super speed train. Not surprisingly, Formula Rossa is the most attractive at Ferrari World, the largest indoor amusement park in the world. With the world’s fastest speed of 240 km/h, the roller coaster system with 20 high-speed rail lines is a must-see destination for those who love speed and adventure.
9. Visit the gold market. Whether you have demand for this item or not, do not miss a trip to the gold market. Come here, you will be definitely dazzled with exquisite carvings, wondering when people buy gold from ATMs and do not miss the opportunity to take pictures with the largest gold ring in the world.
Far away from Spice Market, Madinat Zayed Shopping Center, or Persian-market Persian carpets such as the Souk Iran, Al Meena Souk is just as interesting to explore.
By: Anna Lee