1. Freshen up your front door.
Your front door symbolizes opportunity or turning point in you life, this is the reason why why it’s essential to make sure it opens to the opportunities you’re craving. First, make sure your name and house number are marked clearly—opportunity needs an address just as much as Amazon. Second, wipe your door down with an essential oil, like sweet orange, to help attract good things. And ensure your doorknob is securely attached. Can you paint your door? Paint your door one color you like then drew sigils—magical symbols—to help call in exactly what you want in your life. If you can’t paint your door, so instead, hang bells, wreaths, and evil eye talismans and tape up quotes and pictures.
2. Throwing away the things dragging you down. Close your eyes and imagine your home’s floor plan, picturing the front door at the bottom-center of the plan. Picture the top left and right corners of the space around the door. The top left signifies money, and the top right is your relationship area. Now, the million-dollar question: What clutter are you hoarding in those two areas? Then clean up that area, and one or two weeks later, your finance or relationship may become better
3. Fill your home with flowers.
Specifically, an orchid. Here’s why: Feng shui aims to balance the elements—water, metal, fire, wood, and earth—in your home, and the orchid represents all five! You can also dig into the elements and balance them yourself; here’s an amazingly easy cheat sheet on this) But an orchid is a great shortcut. Pick up a beautiful purple-striped phalaenopsis, put it on your coffee table, and watch with wonder as the interactions in your living room began to take on the chill vibe you had been craving.
4. Make your mirror work for you.
Mirrors reflect—and amplify—whatever they’re facing. If one is opposite a pile of clutter, you’re doubling the consequences of the clutter. Yowzers! You have two choices: Either move the mirror, or keep that area clutter-free.
5. Let it flow! If you’ve read a bit about feng shui, you might start to be aware of where your bed is positioned well or what to put next to the window. But do not worry so much about the details. After all, feng shui is all about living in a home you love. If you love it, you really can’t go wrong.