10 tips for healthy hydration. Here are 10 helpful tips for you to have good health every day.
- Try to drink at least six to eight 8-ounce glasses of pure, clean water every day—but not with meals so as not to dilute your digestive juices.
2. Make drinking water a daily habit. When it’s hot out or you’re ill, take in even more water—two to three glasses more than usual.
3. Exercise will increase your need for fluids. Make sure to drink water before and during your workouts. This will help reduce body temperature, moderate cardiovascular stress, and improve performance.
4. Municipal water supplies—and even well water—can be contaminated with microbes and chemicals. Invest in a water filtration system.
5. Feeling thirsty or experiencing dry mouth, flushed skin, fatigue, or head-ache can all be signs of dehydration. Hydrate the body with some water.
6. If you don’t like plain water, try adding lemon, lime, or fruit juice for flavor.
7. When you’re trying to lose weight, drink a few glasses of water about 30 minutes before a meal. This will calm the appetite, hydrate the tissues, and can also lower the amount of food consumed.
8. To increase your fluid intake, enjoy a few pieces of fruit a day, as well as some homemade vegetable soup.
9. Heat and dehydration can affect children (and elders) most. Remind kids to drink water throughout the day. Adding a bit of juice to water can help them make the switch from sugary sodas.
10. When traveling by plane, stay hydrated by drinking lots of water and avoiding alcohol and salty foods.